Blog Post #4

After having experience with blogging, it is definitely an interesting way to share ideas with others. If it were not for this class, I do not think I would have ever started a blog. However, I have enjoyed learning more about how it would work having a blog page and perhaps one day in the future I would create one containing content I am interested in, such as baking. What I have enjoyed about writing a blog is the creativity you have regarding what you want your page to look like, how you want your post itself to look like, etc. What I have least liked about blogging is that Blogger itself is slightly confusing to use and a bit outdated. This sort of deters me from wanting to write a blog, however I know other platforms exist out there that may work better for me. 

An interesting Web 2.0 tool that I would use when teaching is Google Docs. After conducting some research, I discovered Google Docs was in fact a Web 2.0 tool, which I find interesting because it has proven to be an incredibly useful site to use and one that I have used consistently throughout my educational career. Google Docs is an easy way to get people to collaboratively work on an assignment through its simple way of sharing it with others and its feature that allows you to write comments on people's work to provide feedback. The site itself is not complicated and I prefer it infinitely better to Microsoft Word, which to me is so much more complicated for no reason. 
https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/

My first experience with Generative AI was through a social media app called Snapchat. Snapchat had created an AI feature, for a reason that is unknown to me. I used that feature to ask a question related to my math homework and it provided me a detailed description of how to go about solving the problem and helped me understand how to reach the answer. However, there have been times I have used that AI feature for math and it gave me a long detailed answer yet again, but the answer proves to be wrong. So although it can be helpful at times, and most of the time the answer is right, there is always a possibility that the content it provides you actually turns out to be incorrect and teaching you wrongly. 

A way I would use Generative AI in my teaching practices is through using it as a study tool that my students can use. Through its ability to generate quizzes or other study hacks that prove to be beneficial, I feel as if it would be a good way to get my students to be able to study more effectively and perhaps even more thoroughly since they would have more questions they could interact with that would make them better prepared. I know students will try to use AI to cheat on other assignments such as essays or math homework and in the end there are only so many regulations you can place to prohibit this from occurring, however at least for the asking AI to write things for you, there is more out there that can allow the teacher to see what was generated by AI and what wasn't. These tools being created may deter students from using AI to write whole essays for them, for fear of getting caught. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professional Development Resource

Blog Journal #5

Blog post #3