Blog post #3

     The standard I have selected is the standard SC.6.TI.1.4. This standard is meant to teach students about the different technology-based career paths that are currently available in our world today. As of right now, I do not think I have the current skill set to effectively teach this course even though I have some knowledge on current technology-based field paths available such as computer engineering, IT technicians, etc, my knowledge is not that extensive. However, I feel like it is really easy to prepare to teach this subject and meet the standard by just conducting some quick research and writing down various examples of what these careers are and what they entail. 

       On the CPALM site, I went on the 4th grade English tool kit and selected the standard ELA.K12.EE.1.1, which requires its students to know how to cite evidence with the intent to explain and justify reasoning. I find this resource to be incredibly helpful if I were to potentially become a teacher one day since they provide guided lesson plans one could complete to meet this standard, and even include a variety of different options so you could find one that seems to be the most interesting. In addition, they make sure to include a worksheet you could use, and they even have videos, tutorials, assessments, and a bunch of student resources. It is helpful that all these tools are located in one location for it makes things more organized and allows you to just have to look at one place in order to get all the things you need to be able to teach this lesson and meet this standard. 

    I believe it is important to be a proficient internet searcher as a teacher since, in my opinion, I feel as if teachers are constantly researching and educating themselves on the different topics they need to teach their students. They do this so they can make sure they have a thorough understanding on the topic to allow themselves to be able to teach their kids effectively, but also it allows them to find resources or teaching ideas that they can use to help make sure they can teach their kids in the most, engaging, and comprehensive way possible. Out of the internet searching skills introduced this week, I believe I will be using the advanced Google searching technique. I did not even know Google had this feature until reading the article, however I feel it will be really useful since it will make the search in finding the exact answers I am looking for easier and quicker by getting rid of the other information that do not really correlate. 

    My current thoughts on AI in the K-12 education setting are very mixed. On one part, I feel as if AI could be a useful tool depending on the circumstances. It can help students gain a deeper understanding of something they do not understand by using the AI platform to ask questions and receive an explanation in a manner that they can understand. For example, I have used AI to gain clarity on a difficult reading, in order to get a quick summary and make sure I pick up on the important details I may have missed. However, I think the majority of students tend to always search for the easy way out, therefore AI can be taken advantage of and used as a way for students to get their work done without actually interacting with the material and instead relying on AI to do the work for them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professional Development Resource

Blog Journal #5